Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, August 8, 2011

Oscar's Mexican Restaurant

1665 Texas 351
Abilene, TX 79601-4745
(325) 675-0140

View Larger Map






As I mentioned in the Mi Jalisco Grill blog, I loved eating the Chicken Chimichanga from Oscar's. Well, I'm up here working again and decided to eat there so I can give you guys a taste of the "West".

To find this place, just look for the BIG yellow sign! No, really, if you don't go where the arrow points you want see it! The restaurant is tucked behind a few buildings, but once you drive down the little dirt road, you won't forget it.


After you walk in, you will wait to be seated. As soon as I sat down the waitress took my drink order. When she came back she brought my drink, chips and salsa. I proceeded to Order the Chicken Chimichanga.

I really like the salsa. I'm not a big fan of hot things so this salsa is just right for me. When you get the chips and salsa you get a small pitcher of salsa so you can refill your own bowls.
                                                                                   
When my Chimichanga arrived it was just like the first time I got one. The crust was flaky and
crispy. The pulled chicken with the cheesy inside melted in my mouth. The rice tasted like any other Mexican dinner. I don't eat refried beans so I'm not sure how they tasted.

So I left paying less than $11.00
If you would like to check out Oscar's they are also on FACEBOOK .

-Sam


Oscar's Mexican Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment